- I am naturally a very people oriented person and I do love people. I really do care a lot for my peoples’ well being especially those close to me. However, over the years, I have been burnt badly, taken for granted with the trust given.
- However, I have never stopped loving, trusting and creating opportunities for my people. The reason is simple. We must never take away the love & trust for the majority of the good people because of a few bad people that don’t deserve us.
- The question is then, "How do I keep doing this as it hurts pretty badly every time we get burnt?" – It’s a lesson I learnt when I lost my mother and when my health started to deteriorate badly when I used to weighed 130Kgs – Its called really LETTING GO.
- If you really want to live a fulfilling life, be grateful for what you have right now, strive to be better to first and foremost really love & trust those that go above and beyond for your well being.
- Never live a life of regrets as we all can live a much happier and healthier life that can really make a difference starting with our own lives.
December 6, 2017
at 9:48 AM
October 25, 2017
- When PORTMAN was a nobody in the market 5 years ago, not many industry players cared as most thought we probably will not survive. We were not a threat to anyone then.
- Now that we have become a somebody in the market, industry players are starting to pay attention and scrutinise our every move. I know this for a fact as industry players are speaking about the PORTMAN Brand & Ernie Chen the extremely aggressive boss.
- The good ones will wish us all the best and look forward to us achieving every success. The bad ones will hunt us down and continuously find fault in everything that we do.
- Either way I thank them for they will make us stronger and better with everything that we are doing.
- Always remember our VALUE of INTEGRITY – Doing the right thing even when no one is watching. This is and will be our key to our continuous success with an aligned team towards our core purpose, mission & vision.
- As we soon move into our next phase of exponential growth, I encourage you all to reflect on your journey with us so far. Take this time to ask yourselves, what are your intentions with this organisation and what do you intend to achieve with us.
Have an awesome last 2 months of the year in 2017!
at 5:15 PM
October 1, 2017
- I used to believe that it was impossible to do well in both business and have a nice healthy body.
- I used to focus on just growing businesses and not my health.
- I was unhealthy and not eating right.
- I was always wanting to help people become better even though they were not deserving of me and my time.
- I was having a lot of incompetent and people with bad character working with me. I had to lower my personal standards just to grow business.
- I was always required to work a lot harder to fix other people problems and I thought that was what a business owner was to do to be successful.
- When my mother passed away 3 years ago, I was very sad. I decided that I was not interested in businesses anymore and that I was going to start taking care of my health only.
- You see, it has always been for me to either build a big and successful business or have a healthy lifestyle as it was just impossible to have both at the same time. IT WAS JUST TOO DIFFICULT.
- Today everything has changed as I have decided that I can have both. It is "and" not “or” However, things will have to change. My directions in life MUST change. My lifestyle MUST change.
- My New Directions in Life: I have decided to build a PROFITABLE & MEANINGFUL business AND also to live a HEALTHY & FULFILLED LIFE.
The following are what I DECIDED to do and continue to do AS I DO NOT WANT TO WASTE ANYMORE TIME WITH THINGS & PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT MEANINGFUL.
- I decided to close down businesses that was not meaningful & profitable.
- I decided to terminate all employees with no integrity with bad character and incompetent.
- I decided that I only wanted to work with people of integrity that have competency.
- I decided to stop chasing after monetary gains for the sake of being richer.
- I decided to workout at the gym to live a healthier lifestyle.
- I decided to eat right and a lot healthier.
- I decided to accept things that I cannot change.
- I decided to wish people all the best when they were not good to me.
- I decided to remove people that was negative and draining my personal energy.
- I decided to only live my life to first and foremost make me happy. I am responsible for me first not others.
WE CAN HAVE BOTH. IT’S ALL ABOUT YOUR DECISION. DECIDE AND TAKE MASSIVE ACTIONS. RESULTS DO NOT LIE.
at 4:18 PM
August 30, 2017
As you read this, you would have just returned from the long weekend celebrating Malaysia’s Merdeka.
The same as how our beloved country has achieved its independence, we intend to do so with our company achieving our IPO to make a difference to make lives better for our people, customers, and community.
My Business Philosophy:
- Dream Big – We have to have a dream so big that it excites us to get up every morning and to go above and beyond.
- Work Hard – If you think you work hard, work harder and if you think you work smart, work smarter. We can always find ways to improve ourselves and everything that we are working on.
- Stay Focused – It’s not about how many opportunities that we say yes to but how many opportunities that we say no to that keeps us focused on the BIG picture of our core purpose.
- Surround Myself with Awesome People – Awesome people are beyond just good people. Good people have good character and good competency required to get things done. Awesome people have good character and good competency required to get things done with heart, mind, and soul aligned with our business directions and core purpose of making a difference to make lives better.
Please be clear that we must always be aligned ourselves with the organisation’s direction. Never the other way around if we are to succeed together.
at 10:06 AM
July 26, 2017
The ONLY way for you to live a better life is to Raise Your Standards.
at 5:28 PM
July 4, 2017
|A healthy lunch with Tan Sri Dr. Lim Wee Chai, Chairman & the Top Glove management team to signify the beginning of awesome things to happen with the ATCEN Education Group and PORTMAN Education Group.|
- When I first started the company 14 years ago, I was just a trainer with NOTHING but the support of Carole, Ken & Jeremy. They believed in me since day one and they are still supporting me to achieve our vision.
- Carole has been with me for 19 years. She was my girlfriend then and now my wife and business partner.
- Ken has been with me for 16 years. He was my colleague and now business partner.
- Jeremy has been with me for 18 years. He was my client, colleague and now business partner.
- They may not have always agreed or are happy with my decisions. However, they have always followed my instructions and directions. This I always appreciate.
- Trust is NOT built by what you say but by what you do and goes through with me in good and bad times.
- As such, I have always focused on building a sustainable business so that it can benefit everyone. Our clients, students, staff, and business partners. It must be a win-win-win situation for all.
- Our vision is very clear – To be Asia’s No. 1 Business School. When we are nobody, people will say the vision is nothing but a dream. That’s exactly what it is. We must have a dream so big that it drives us every morning to move mountains and make things happen. Remember we started with nothing and today, we have built a very strong foundation and platform for us to move towards that direction.
- The picture you see above is a very meaningful picture. It is meaningful because we have a very notable, humble and successful billionaire, Tan Sri Dr. Lim Wee Chai that runs the largest glove company in the world that shares the same values with us with the same alignment of business integrity, high performance and high productivity with the exceptional focus on Top Quality.
- I am confident with the continuous engagement and joint business ventures that we will achieve from this awesome relationship with Tan Sri Lim and Top Glove, we too will become Asia’s No.1 Business School in due course. The best way to become No.1 is to learn from those that are there now.
- I will be sharing more on our new goals in our Annual Strategic Direction Meeting 2018 in November later this year.
- We are now on a mission to provide beyond education. We are making a difference by making lives better.
- Awesome things are happening. You definitely want to be around for all this to happen and experience it yourself.
at 12:48 PM
May 30, 2017
- I am allergic to people that complains, blames and give excuses.
- I am allergic to people that create problems.
- I am allergic to people that think the world owes them a living.
- I am allergic to people that talk bad about others.
- I am allergic to people that are pessimistic.
- I am allergic to people with low or no energy.
- I am allergic to people with no sense of purpose.
- I am allergic to people that think they can do no wrong.
- I am allergic to people that are lazy and have no results.
- I am allergic to people that do not care enough to make things better.
My Prescription and medication for you if are an allergy to me and the ATCEN Education Group as I am drawn to POSITIVITY.
- Stop complaining, stop blaming & stop giving excuses.
- Start to solve problems.
- Earn your living and make sure you deserve it.
- Stop gossiping and start building real relationships.
- Be optimistic in everything that we think and do. Make it happen.
- Be present with lots of enthusiasm and energy in everything that you do. Show up.
- Decide on the purpose on what you are doing no matter how short or long it may take.
- Acknowledge our mistakes, apologise for it, fix it and move forward.
- If you think you work hard, work harder. Hard work is appreciated. Result is what pays the bills.
- People do not care until they know that we care about them. Love people, use things.
at 7:50 PM