The ONLY way for you to live a better life is to Raise Your Standards.
July 26, 2017
at 5:28 PM
July 4, 2017
|A healthy lunch with Tan Sri Dr. Lim Wee Chai, Chairman & the Top Glove management team to signify the beginning of awesome things to happen with the ATCEN Education Group and PORTMAN Education Group.|
- When I first started the company 14 years ago, I was just a trainer with NOTHING but the support of Carole, Ken & Jeremy. They believed in me since day one and they are still supporting me to achieve our vision.
- Carole has been with me for 19 years. She was my girlfriend then and now my wife and business partner.
- Ken has been with me for 16 years. He was my colleague and now business partner.
- Jeremy has been with me for 18 years. He was my client, colleague and now business partner.
- They may not have always agreed or are happy with my decisions. However, they have always followed my instructions and directions. This I always appreciate.
- Trust is NOT built by what you say but by what you do and goes through with me in good and bad times.
- As such, I have always focused on building a sustainable business so that it can benefit everyone. Our clients, students, staff, and business partners. It must be a win-win-win situation for all.
- Our vision is very clear – To be Asia’s No. 1 Business School. When we are nobody, people will say the vision is nothing but a dream. That’s exactly what it is. We must have a dream so big that it drives us every morning to move mountains and make things happen. Remember we started with nothing and today, we have built a very strong foundation and platform for us to move towards that direction.
- The picture you see above is a very meaningful picture. It is meaningful because we have a very notable, humble and successful billionaire, Tan Sri Dr. Lim Wee Chai that runs the largest glove company in the world that shares the same values with us with the same alignment of business integrity, high performance and high productivity with the exceptional focus on Top Quality.
- I am confident with the continuous engagement and joint business ventures that we will achieve from this awesome relationship with Tan Sri Lim and Top Glove, we too will become Asia’s No.1 Business School in due course. The best way to become No.1 is to learn from those that are there now.
- I will be sharing more on our new goals in our Annual Strategic Direction Meeting 2018 in November later this year.
- We are now on a mission to provide beyond education. We are making a difference by making lives better.
- Awesome things are happening. You definitely want to be around for all this to happen and experience it yourself.
at 12:48 PM
May 30, 2017
- I am allergic to people that complains, blames and give excuses.
- I am allergic to people that create problems.
- I am allergic to people that think the world owes them a living.
- I am allergic to people that talk bad about others.
- I am allergic to people that are pessimistic.
- I am allergic to people with low or no energy.
- I am allergic to people with no sense of purpose.
- I am allergic to people that think they can do no wrong.
- I am allergic to people that are lazy and have no results.
- I am allergic to people that do not care enough to make things better.
My Prescription and medication for you if are an allergy to me and the ATCEN Education Group as I am drawn to POSITIVITY.
- Stop complaining, stop blaming & stop giving excuses.
- Start to solve problems.
- Earn your living and make sure you deserve it.
- Stop gossiping and start building real relationships.
- Be optimistic in everything that we think and do. Make it happen.
- Be present with lots of enthusiasm and energy in everything that you do. Show up.
- Decide on the purpose on what you are doing no matter how short or long it may take.
- Acknowledge our mistakes, apologise for it, fix it and move forward.
- If you think you work hard, work harder. Hard work is appreciated. Result is what pays the bills.
- People do not care until they know that we care about them. Love people, use things.
at 7:50 PM
May 2, 2017
Please take note that our culture is sacred and its something that we have worked very hard to build by design. We are not working to build just another successful company but a legacy to make a difference to make lives better through education.
- Integrity is our value and I EXPECT it day in day out from everyone. Do not cheat. Do not steal. Do not lie. Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Do not complain, Do not blame & Do not give excuses. If you start doing either one of the 3, its time for you to leave the organization.
- We do not hire people to be a problem. If there is a problem, fix it. Be solution focused and a solution provider.
- We do not play politics and will NOT allow such nonsense. If you are caught doing so, you will be fired. This is what happened to many previous employees. You can sue me later. I welcome.
- Be cost conscious, deliver high-quality work and be highly efficient in everything that we do. Be honest, work with each other to create and add value to our clients, students, each other and the organization every day.
- Never assume anything. Ask if you do not know. Be prepared for meetings with facts and figures or be prepared to be challenged on your knowledge, skills, attitude and habits.
- Stay curious and always be learning. Be fast and accurate with your responses and do not hold anyone back for anything. We communicate to express NOT impress. I do not like people that do not respond to communication.
- If you have been chosen to be part of this team, cherish it as we part of something really special. Never take this opportunity for granted as we are not for everyone. And not everyone will have this opportunity.
- We are not here as a business to choose between profits OR to be a meaningful business. We are here to build a business that is BOTH PROFITABLE AND MEANINGFUL.
- Everyone must be aligned themselves with the organization's mission of making a difference to make lives better. Our lives, our client's lives, our student's lives and our families lives.
- We are very clear on where we are going. Our Vision is to be Asia’s No.1 Business School. This is our BIG Hairy Audacious Goal. Does it make us look stupid to others? Yes. Does make people laugh at us? Yes. I don’t care as Jack Ma was also an idiot to the world until he became a billionaire.
- We are results & performance driven. Hard work is appreciated but the result is what pays the bills. Don’t just talk. Get things done. Deliver results.
- You are either all in and all out with us or you can get out. We will wish you all the best.
- We do not apologize for who we are neither do we shy away from controversies for being who we are.
- You will either love it here or hate it here. There will be no middle ground. You will need to decide or we will decide for you.
I used to believe that good enough is good enough as I was just interested in building a big business and dominating the world. NO! good enough is NEVER good enough. We have to be exceptional. We have to be really AWESOME. That means we are ONLY interested in working with awesome people.
I am no longer interested in wasting time anymore with people that are NOT interested to grow with OUR CULTURE. Please read the above carefully, understand and be clear on my stand.
LIVE OUR CULTURE.
at 10:20 AM
April 5, 2017
- We are not interested to build the largest education group in Asia.
- We are not interested to build the most profitable company in the world.
- We are not interested to build and grow for the sake of growing.
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BUILDING THE ATCEN EDUCATION GROUP & PORTMAN COLLEGE THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY MAKING LIVES BETTER. This is our mission and why we exist.
To achieve our CORE PURPOSE:
- We must be devoted to our mission in everything that we do with integrity.
- We must be passionate with what we do. Love what we do and you never work a day in your life.
- We must have dedicated discipline with our time. Sacrifice is required to succeed and achieve anything significant in life.
- Leverage on every opportunity provided to learn so that you can contribute to our organisation.
at 5:14 PM
March 2, 2017
I was always busy building businesses to grow bigger as an entrepreneur to dominate the world. It was always about how much I can achieve with my life. After 10 years working on it intensely, my health was badly affected. I was eating unhealthily, lots of late nights and I was not sleeping at all. Worst of all, I was afraid to visit the doctors. So for the last 4 years, I decided to only work on only meaningful work that made a difference to make lives better. I decided to terminate businesses and people within my group that did not make a difference that was not meaningful. I decided that I was NOT going to carry the weight of people with me that did not go the distance with me. I decided to lose all the burden and baggage of unhealthy (negative, free riders and people with bad intentions people) I decided to live a healthier life that is worth living. So today at 44 I am feeling pretty awesome and I look forward to many more years ahead and it all starts with me taking care of my life as I cannot provide if I am not healthy. I have since lost 25kgs in total and I am still working out in the gym every morning and watching what I eat everyday. I am still a work in progress and I intend to live the rest of my life healthily. I encourage you to do so as your internal body system will drive your positive and motivated life forward. With desire, the belief and massive actions, anything is possible. The question is are you ready to make that sacrifice to get to where we want to get to? Or are you just here till the next thing comes along? I will not be waiting for you if you are not all in and all out in this awesome journey ahead. Those that do not will be removed and I wish you all the best in your future. And those that do will have an awesome and amazing journey ahead with us!
at 6:49 PM
February 2, 2017
Most of you would have heard me share about what is to happen this year for us. If everything goes as planned, we WILL BE RIDING ON THE NEW WAVES OF EXPONENTIAL GROWTH coming soon.
I am very excited and I am looking forward to ensure that we achieve our desired goals. Please remember that the holidays are over and it is now full steam ahead.
I cannot do this alone and the team MUST step up and pull your weight to do your part. This next few months and this year will be a defining moment for our next phase of growth. We need to do things we have never done before. We need to go above and beyond our normal call of duty. There has never been a better time than now for us to make this happen. We must NOT miss out on this window of opportunity. And to those that do, I have eyes to see and I know who are those that have gone above and beyond to deliver desired results. Do not look back and regret. I know I will not.
at 12:11 PM